Year-round ongoing open enrollment.
Orinda, CA 94563 Tel: (925) 262-3135
Three POD Tiers – Tuition and Fees
In our desire to provide residents with support and guidance, Aspen Network currently offers three tiers of housing and accommodations. Residents can move through the tiers based on how well they develop and progress with their independent living skills.
All tiers include:
- Social living program
- Walking distance to and from BART and other public transportation.
- Rides are available at scheduled times for grocery shopping, appointments and social outings
- Dinner twice a week
- Tuesday peer-prepared social community dinner
- Friday pizza/activity night
- Daily mentoring and support based on a resident’s individual needs
- Life skills coaching
- Thursday social process group
- Friday house/community meeting
- Two monthly Saturday outings
- Sunday evening support time and preparation for the week
Each individual goes through a rigorous screening with Aspen Network’s director and the entire support team. Upon invitation to live at the POD, each resident will begin a one-month trial period at Tier 1 to assess the level of support needed to be successful at the POD.
Tier 1: $6,250 per month (Some residents will stay at this tier until specific goals have been met)
Needs support with personal hygiene, daily grooming, laundry, daily scheduling, preparing meals, housekeeping, group behavior, academic or vocational capacities, developing a greater level of independence, and accomplishing academic or vocational goals.
Tier 2: $4,900 per month (Program designed for 24 months at Tier 2, based on assessment)
Expected to handle hygiene, laundry, cooking, and most aspects of a daily schedule with minimal support. Has the capacity to progress towards academic or vocational goals. Is developing the skills to live as part of a community and enjoy peers. Is learning to use and accept the accommodations necessary for success in the present and future. Is beginning to work on social anxieties and difficulties to learn how to value, create, and maintain relationships.
Tier 3: $3,500 per month (Residents need one to two years in Tier 2 in order to move to Tier 3)
“Almost independent” in all areas of self-care, shopping, planning meals, cooking, maintaining a daily schedule, financial literacy, and transportation. Fully participates in and enjoys the community. Is continuing on a path towards vocational or academic goals. Participates in leadership activities at the POD. Is developing an understanding of the value of service to peers, family, and the community. Is discovering his or her place in the world beyond personal needs and concerns. Understanding and developing strong self-advocacy skills and the ability to access support systems needed for “accommodated” independence in the community.
Fees for additional services
Although we are primarily a social living model supporting the development of true friendships we also recognize the importance of academic and vocational development. We have established relationships with educational and vocational consultants who provide an array of support at an additional cost.
The following additional services can be provided at a mutually agreed upon hourly wage:
- Educational Consultants, private pay for 1:1 hours
- Obtaining transcripts
- Choosing courses
- Meeting with counselors on campus
- Registering for courses
- Processing into on-campus Disabilities Services office
- Tutors: market rate per tutor
- Regional Center and Department of Rehabilitation follow-up, support, and attendance at meetings
- Transportation to medical or therapy appointments
- Aspen Network does not cover: academic costs, registration, books, transcripts, transportation costs to college, etc.
For all PODs programs a $250.00 Application Fee is due with your application, in check or money order made out to Aspen Network.
Living PODs residential programs are independent of college programs
Please note that college acceptance and enrollment are independent of the Aspen Team Living PODS Program and are to be managed by the applicant and family. Please visit individual college/vocational websites for information.
• Diablo Valley College: www.dvc.edu/
• Las Positas College: www.laspositascollege.edu
• Laney College: www.laney.edu
• San Francisco State University: www.sfsu.edu
• University of San Francisco: www.usfaca.edu
• University of California Berkeley: www.berkeley.edu
PODs orientation is scheduled days before college courses or vocational classes begin. Applicants will also be considered throughout the year based on space/placement availability.
Online application submission — PLUS a printed and signed copy
Please fill out all sections of the following application to the PODs residential program and supply all the requested information and materials. If you can’t complete this application entirely in one sitting, simply click “Save & Continue Later,” at the bottom of the form, to temporarily save what you have entered.
VERY IMPORTANT: After you have fully completed the form — but before you click the “Submit Application” button — you must first print out a complete copy of the form and physically sign and snail-mail it to Aspen Network, 15 Vallecito Lane, Orinda, CA 94563. After you have printed that out you can click “Submit Application” to send the electronic application. Note that Aspen Network must receive BOTH the electronically submitted online application and the physically-signed hard copy, along with the $250.00 application fee.
Application to Team Living PODs
IMPORTANT: BEFORE clicking the Submit button above, you must FIRST click the Print This Application button to print out your completed application.
PODs APPLICATION CHECKLIST
In addition to the electronic version of the application (sent when you clicked the Submit Application button above) you must also snail-mail all of the following items to Aspen Network:
1. A printed copy of the fully completed application — with all required hand-written signatures. (Please also keep a copy of this document for your own records.)
2. A nonrefundable application-processing fee of $250.00 — in check or money order payable to Aspen Network.
3. Official high school transcript and any official college transcripts
4. Latest IEP (if applicable)
Please mail all of the above to Aspen Network at this address:
Attn: Meg Fields, RN, Psy.D.
15 Vallecito Lane
Orinda, CA 94563